19 Reasons Writers Should Meditate
The benefits of adding meditation to your “writing routine” are truly endless … and you can feel them almost immediately after you begin.
Here are 19 specific reasons that every writer should meditate:
1. Meditation is all about quieting the mind. A mind that can be quiet can be creative.
2. It creates a “safe space” where the mind can feel free to wander and be creative. Writing requires that safe space, where it is free of judgment and isn’t afraid of “not being good enough.”
3. Meditation helps you harness the power of your unconscious mind. If you’ve ever had a dream so vivid — and with a story so complete — you know that much of your creative power draws from your subconscious.
4. Meditation allows you to silence your inner critic. By quieting your mind and focusing on controlling self-criticism, you automatically improve your mastery over yourself and your inner voices. Plus, it frees you take risks in your writing and believe in your own ability to think, function, thrive and, ultimately, write!
5. Meditation gives you power over procrastination — the arch nemesis of even the most gifted writers. Like many bad habits, procrastination stems from fear. When you can identify the “voice” of procrastination (“Hey, let’s go get the mail — forget about writing!”) you can unlock more potential and productivity than you’ve ever experienced before.
6. By the nature of meditation, it increases your ability to focus. And for a writer, the ability to “turn on” focus at will is golden.
7. Meditation busts down writer’s block by unifying all of your energies into one purpose: writing!
8. It’s a tool you can use to remain cool-headed even when faced with a challenge … like the pressure of a deadline!
9. Meditation helps you consciously shift your focus. This is different than just the ability TO focus … but when you practice being consciously aware of where your focus is, you can easily get back on track if you start to daydream or get distracted.
10. It allows you to make permanent, lasting change in your writing life. Transformation always starts with ideas … then decision … then action. A focused, clear, quiet mind gets more ideas, feels more confident to make decisions, and takes action easily.
11. Meditation helps you not only break free from the day’s stresses and challenges … but experience true freedom in a peaceful, flowing, healthy, and imaginative mind. The free mind is one that writes easily!
12. Effortless motivation! Motivation can often be a difficult element to hold on to. And while you can’t see it, taste it, or touch it, it’s easy to recognize its effects. Meditation gives you the power to live and think healthfully and creatively … and clear away anything blocking your motivation.
13. Meditation helps you cultivate inspiration. Inspiration is different than motivation. Inspiration is that “inner fire” … the pure ecstasy of doing what you love.
14. Expanding your potential further is possible when you meditate. Right now, your maximum volume might be 1,000 words every day in your novel or working on your professional projects. Meditation allows you to expand … and achieve greatness.
15. Meditation allows you to find your creative flow … that “in the zone” feeling of pure productivity. Scientifically, it’s been defined as an “optimal state of consciousness.” Meditation trains your brain to get there — physically — faster, and more often.
16. Meditation is a form of nurturing your mind — the same way you nurture your body by eating nutritious foods and exercising. When you nurture your mind, it automatically gives you more productivity in return.
17. Meditation allows you to manifest your dreams — that is, by visualizing your success (or your ideal writer’s life), you can tell your subconscious where to focus your actions most. This isn’t magic or mysticism — it’s using the power of your mind to create your most joyful life.
18. If you’ve ever felt exhausted — creatively, spiritually, physically, and emotionally — then meditation will help you experience renewal. Like a massage for your mind and spirit, meditation allows you to re-energize and re-center yourself.
19. By meditating on your writing and goals, you make a decision every day to continue living your writing dreams. Meditation helps you stay dedicated to your success …
Get These Benefits — And MUCH More —
With the 21-Day Accessing the Writer Within Meditation Program
Each of these benefits correlates with meditations in Dr. Annette Annechild’s Accessing the Writer Within (with two bonuses reserved for extra inspiration and guidance).
During the first three days, you’ll learn the basics of Annette’s groundbreaking Hypnotic Meditative Technique (HMT) …
- On Day 1, Annette will walk you through the process of meditation. You’ll learn to let your mind be quiet … and see firsthand how learning to meditate effectively can be one of the most energizing productivity boosters you’ll ever experience.
- On Day 2, you’ll learn the “hypnotic” part of HMT under Annette’s guidance. You’ll learn to create a bridge to your unconscious self so you can control any underlying aspects of yourself that are causing distractions, lack of focus, and creative blocks.
- On Day 3, you’ll harness the power of HMT and learn to write from a more authentic part of yourself — making your writing even more engaging.
After just three days, you’ll be ready to do some serious work on creating an easier, more bountiful creative life …
- You’ll learn to silence your inner critic on Day 4 — that little voice in your mind that’s often harsh, negative, or judgmental. Any self-destructive habits you have now will turn into positive, reinforcing habits … and you’ll be able to write productively in a peaceful state of mind.
- On Day 5, you’ll locate the root of your procrastination habits, which often start with self-doubt. You’ll dig them up and clear them away, opening up your focus and energy for future writing sessions.
- On Day 6, you’ll learn to turn your focus on to “laser-sharp.” You’ll discover how to overcome distraction, boredom, and even fatigue by disposing of mental “clutter.” You’ll access your full creative talent, where you can produce the highest quality of work in the fastest time possible.
- If you’ve ever struggled with writer’s block, then you’ll love Day 7. You’ll learn to cure Blank Page Syndrome and the frustration that comes with it. No more banging your head on the keyboard, waiting for words to come out! Annette will show you exactly how to shine the light on your particular block and bring your ideas out from hiding, so you can easily get back to pursuing your goals and finishing projects.
Can you see the benefit of taking just a few minutes a day to work through your deepest roots of distraction?
And that’s just the first seven days! During the rest of your journey, you’ll make incredible progress toward manifesting your ideal writer’s life …
- You’ll break free from any remaining struggles you have with living the writer’s life — and shine light on a new way to live authentically free … free of financial worries, free to create, be joyful, and find peace … and truly become your “best self” …
- You’ll learn to transform your natural energy into action … creating effortless motivation to stay on track with your writing (or find your next assignment) …
- You’ll learn to find value in your work and enjoy the sense of accomplishment and fulfillment once you’re done … and how to create instant inspiration for yourself easily and quickly when you need it …
- You’ll expand your potential by creating positive “self-talk,” opening the doors to the success you deserve …
- You’ll discover your personal creative “flow” — one of the most powerful tools you can give yourself as a writer. Imagine being able to instantly “get in the zone” without struggle or distraction … just slipping into the “optimal state of consciousness” where you are 100% focused.
- And finally, if you haven’t yet begun living your ideal writer’s life, you’ll spend time creating and expanding that perfect life … the prosperous, energetic life that you love and you’ve always wanted to live … and you’ll start to see and feel that exciting life become real.
And let’s just say there’s “much, much more” where that came from.
The bottom line is … in just 21 days, you can be a completely different writer. You’ll have the power to “quiet” your mind — and clear it of all worry, fear, and self-doubt. Anything in your life will be possible.
Plus, Accessing the Writer Within costs only $59!
And you can get started right now. Click here to get going!